- This event has passed.
Local innovations to accelerate progress towards the 2030 Agenda
July 12, 2020 @ 8:00 am - July 31, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
About this Event
To Accelerate Progress, We Need to be Fast and Curious
In this time of planetary crisis, best practices don?t always exist. We need to learn what works and what doesn?t for sustainable development problems. We need to source innovations from many places. We need to experiment. And we need to do it fast.
The Qatar Fund for Development and UNDP invite you to join us for a reflection on the wild first year of the world’s fastest learning network on development challenges. We’ll have a panel discussion on local innovations ?as part of Sustainable Development acceleration in times of COVID-19.
This digital event takes place July 14th at 13.00-14.30 pm Eastern Standard Time.
- H. E. Mr. Khalifa bin Jassem Al-Kuwari, Director General of the Qatar Fund for Development
- H. E. Dr. Maria Flachsbarth, Parliamentary State Secretary to the Federal Minister for Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany
- H. E. Mr. Achim Steiner, Administrator, United Nations Development Programme
Panel discussion: Learning from local innovations to tackle global problems
- Ms. Shoko Noda, Resident Representative, UNDP India
- Dr. H. Purushotham, Chairman and Managing Director, NRDC, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India
- Mr. Omar Shaath, Project Specialist, Qatar Smart Programme (TASMU)
- Ms. Nouf Al-Kaabi, Development Analyst, Qatar Fund for Development
- Mr. Hamad Al-Qahtani, SME Incubation & Acceleration Manager & General Manager, Qatar Incubation Center
- Ms. Sharleen Mabisa Moyo, Head of Solutions Mapping, UNDP Zimbabwe
Moderated by Gina Lucarelli, UNDP Accelerator Labs Team Leader.
Learn More About this Joint Venture
Co-built as a joint venture with the Qatar Fund for Development and the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany, UNDP is tapping into local innovations to create actionable insights and?reimagine sustainable development for the 21st century.?The Fast and The Curious: Our Story So Far?presents early reflections on our ambitious journey to become the world?s fastest learning network on sustainable development challenges.
As countries worldwide face the pandemic, the Accelerator Labs have helped?power UNDP for fast action. From using gamification to combat misinformation among the most vulnerable, to digitizing food supply chains for and with informal workers affected by the crisis, UNDP is shaping a forward-looking response to COVID-19, which offers?a pathway beyond recovery, towards 2030.
Read?The Fast and The Curious: Our Story so Far?to learn about the early achievements of the UNDP Accelerator Labs together with founding investors, the Qatar Fund for Development and the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany.
In this?MIT Sloan Management Review?article,?Accelerating Innovation Through a Network of Ecosystems, discover the authors’ recommendations for companies willing to learn from the UNDP Accelerator Labs network.